Tips For A Better Show Experience
Those tips are just recommendations for a better show, to make you look good and for a better quality
For the private shows or roving:
When the guests are in a cocktail environment, and often the waitstaff come to offer finger food , the suggestion is to ask them to avoid serving the group Zatanna is interacting with (It won’t be long as she usually only stays 5 minutes max with each group).
The reason being that when the food is coming it might come with the wrong timing and kill the effect…Zatanna will still doing her magic if it happens but it would be a more memorable experience without interruption.
During a sit down dinner, the magic is more effective if performed in between the courses (Guests eating usually don’t pay attention to the magic)
The second thing for a better experience is the music. If it is too loud the guests can’t hear what Zatanna is saying and her charming French accent, so it would be better for the experience of your guests (and for her vocal chords) if the volume of the music is lower during the roving. Also for a more magical mood, if the room lights can be dimmed a little, it would enhance the show. At the opposite if it’s too dark the guest can’t see what is happening.
For the stage shows:
- Maximum distance between the audience and the stage shouldn’t be more than 2 metres.
- Performance time should be when the guest are not eating and there is no service
- Bar and drinks area should be closed during show
- Avoid the dance floor in front of the performance area
- Professional sound system appropriate for the venue to play loud and clear & sound operator.(if performing for less than 100 guests Zatanna can bring her own sound system)
- Stage size will depend on the kind of show you want, but it needs to be elevated for more than 50 guests
- Please avoid helium balloons and other large centre pieces on tables that limit audience viewpoint
- The performance area need to be well lit. (Zatanna can bring her staging lights and backdrop for smaller venues)
- Consider videographer / screen and follow spot for over 300 guests.
- Food served in green room one hour before show or 15 minutes after for Zatanna and her crew.
- Preferred drinks are water and one glass of red wine before the show (Zatanna is French after all)
- Do not introduce Zatanna before asking her if she is ready, and please wait for the staff to have cleared floor, guests are seated and you as an MC have audience attention.
Pre-show intro only if required for your event:
” It’s almost showtime Ladies and Gentlemen. Please, there is no unauthorised videotaping of the performance, and ask the person next to you to switch their mobile phone to silent. (Pause) It’s not that we think you’ll forget, we just think the person next to you will forget. Please now turn your chairs so you can clearly see the stage and prepare to be amazed by our next act…The show will start in just a few minutes”.
Zatanna Intro for MC:
“Ladies and gentlemen, our entertainer this evening has performed around the world and for the biggest companies in Australia…She is the only female professional illusionist in WA, and one of the rare in Australia! you will love her. Please put your hands together for our fabulous magician ….Zatanna, queen of illusion.”
– Once the show is over, Zatanna and her crew will clear the stage and we would appreciate any help to load / unload from the van to the stage or stage to van.